Current Top Sellers
Lighting design software
Save time with a lighting design, documentation and visualisation software that is both easy to learn and rewarding to use! Capture is a native macOS and Windows application that lets you work with lighting, video, laser, moving scenery and water effects. Where Capture truly excels is with its ease of use and seamless switching between design, documentation and visualization. This provides an unprecedented level of flexibility and ability to support different types of design processes. It encourages you to try out new workflows and find faster ways of working.
Designing with Capture
Whether you're looking to create a simple 2D sketch or a full-blown 3D plot, Capture has you covered. Try as many fixtures as you need, at different hanging positions and with different gels or gobos. Adapt easily to any set design changes or sudden new restrictions. Do even more with Capture's impressive 3D model import capabilities and excellent integration with other lighting control and design products.
Capture 2023 Solo Edition
Number of universes: 1
Local video: 1
Streaming video: 1
Laser Feeds: 1
Upgrades can be purchased should requirements expand over time.
With Capture 2023 they have introduced new features for enhanced modeling detail, paperwork accuracy and customization, and of course more lively visualisation.
With Capture 2023 they have introduced new features but also redesigned existing ones to be less dependent on the operating system, giving more control to the application and the user, increasing accuracy, predictability and speed.
It is now possible to export all plots and reports with one click, directly to PDF without needing to have a printer installed. Plot inset placements, edges and margins can be configured in advance for a guaranteed end result. They have also moved to their own colour picker for both Windows and macOS, and have improved all dialogues and property listings in the design tab. With the keyboard shortcut editor you can configure all shortcuts to match your style of working. The application takes advantage of multicore processors in opening, importing and saving of projects thus speeding up the process.
For the rendering they have switched to high precision timers on Windows, and optimised state handling on Mac. Shadow quality has been dramatically improved and they have introduced HDRI backgrounds. Visualisation of pixel tubes is more realistic, along with multiple frost flags, framing shutters with collision detection, and other fixture enhancements.
Finally, the OSC server allows control of cameras and other view properties, while sACN supports universe discovery and selecting a specific range of 512 universes.
- Flame Jets & CO2 Jets.
- Vortex effect.
- Innovative Design Tools.
Library & Cabling
- Line snappers: Snap object allows for same behaviour used when fixtures snap to truss and pipes. Used for custom library items, both scaffolding and truss.
- Custom truss pieces: CAD your own custom truss pieces.
- Library tab symbols categories: One category for fixture symbols and one for other symbols, now with subcategories.
- Cables: Cable object in the library can be used to add cabling information to plots
- Universe view: Better layout for overlapping fixtures, new “fixtures” mode where full channel names are visible and channels are individually controllable.
- Add multiple universes: New option to add multiple universes at once. Universe names are now numeric by default.
- Added group position & rotation: Can be included in scenes or assigned to a motion fixture and hidden, affecting all objects in that group. Note: that are not explicitly assigned to another motion fixture (Groups can not be assigned a layer.).
- Add, remove & group: Drag and drop objects and groups to already existing groups. Objects and groups inside a group can also be broken out of assigned group.
- Double click objects & groups: Drill down with each double click, It is still possible to directly select an object regardless of whether it’s in a group or not using Ctrl/Cmd.
Plots & Measurements
- Truss enhancements: Improved design of bracing patterns, support for specific brace counts and discernible rectangular truss endings. Improved measurements.
- Custom plot symbols: Import and scale your own SVG plot symbols, to be used in fixtures, or as objects by themselves. Symbols are centered by default, but a vertical offset can be added as well.
- Multi-point measurements: Measurements can now consist of multiple points. They can be cumulative or not.
- Measure mode: Ideal for quick positioning, one-off measurements, and also to create distance measurements.
- Units: Mixed SI units (ie. as ”1m 10cm”) have been removed. Offsets and distances below 1m are expressed in mm, others in m. A new Unit property has been added to measurements, truss trim heights and rigging point coordinates. It lets you choose a specific measurement unit.
Fixture Visualisation & Cameras
- New aperture rendering.
- Controlling and visualisation: Prism definitions. Arbitrary prism definitions in the library.
- Animation wheels: More precise definitions.
- CIE control: Support for fixtures with additive CIE colour mixing.
- Camera positions: Store camera positions for quick recall from within Capture.
- Camera DMX modes: New modes for recalling camera positions with any preferred time, dampening and curvature.
Rendering & Lasers
- EDR & HDR support: For extended and high dynamic range (HDR) monitors.
- Improved tone mapping: Integrated the latest from ACES 1.3. Saturated blues are less prone to shifting into magenta.
- Prevent sleep during render: Computer stays awake while rendering movie snapshots.
- Performance improvements: Faster frame rates.
- ILDA file playback: Video players have been renamed to Media players and now also accept ILDA files for laser projectors.
|Model file import formats
|Model file export formats
|Data file import formats
CSV, ETC EOS flavour
|Data file export formats
XML for Hog
XML for grandMA 2
|Video capture devices
|Any with Windows (Media Foundation) drivers
Any with macOS drivers
|3Dconnexion Space Mouse
|Ethernet DMX protocols
High End Hog visualizer connectivity
ETC Net 2
MA-Net 2 (Windows only, MA software version 2.9+)
|USB DMX devices
|EntTec DMX USB Pro
EntTec DMX USB Pro Mk2
|Streaming video media protocols
Green Hippo HMap 3
|Streaming laser media protocols
|Motion tracking protocols
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.