Current Top Sellers
Lighting design software
Save time with a lighting design, documentation and visualisation software that is both easy to learn and rewarding to use! Capture is a native macOS and Windows application that lets you work with lighting, video, laser, moving scenery and water effects. Where Capture truly excels is with its ease of use and seamless switching between design, documentation and visualization. This provides an unprecedented level of flexibility and ability to support different types of design processes. It encourages you to try out new workflows and find faster ways of working.
Designing with Capture
Whether you're looking to create a simple 2D sketch or a full-blown 3D plot, Capture has you covered. Try as many fixtures as you need, at different hanging positions and with different gels or gobos. Adapt easily to any set design changes or sudden new restrictions. Do even more with Capture's impressive 3D model import capabilities and excellent integration with other lighting control and design products.
Capture 2022 Solo Edition
Number of universes: 1
Local video: 1
Streaming video: 1
Laser Feeds: 1
Upgrades can be purchased should requirements expand over time.
With Capture 2022 they have introduced new features for enhanced modeling detail, paperwork accuracy and customization, and of course more lively visualisation.
The new cabling tool now makes it possible to draw and calculate the cable runs required by your design. Trusses have been revised and feature more detailed models and even custom loaded ones. The library has been separated from the installer and the process for updating the library happens within Capture. A new measuring mode is now available including multi-point measurement capabilities. You can also load your own SVG files as plot symbols and customize your paperwork.
Visualisation has come to life with HDR support, improved tone mapping, and the new aperture rendering. A new concept of stored camera positions simplifies camera handling from within Capture, but also externally with DMX, allowing for even smoother transitions. And for laserists you can now load ILDA files for playback by lasers.
- Flame Jets & CO2 Jets.
- Vortex effect.
- Innovative Design Tools.
Library & Cabling
- Line snappers: Snap object allows for same behaviour used when fixtures snap to truss and pipes. Used for custom library items, both scaffolding and truss.
- Custom truss pieces: CAD your own custom truss pieces.
- Library tab symbols categories: One category for fixture symbols and one for other symbols, now with subcategories.
- Cables: Cable object in the library can be used to add cabling information to plots
- Universe view: Better layout for overlapping fixtures, new “fixtures” mode where full channel names are visible and channels are individually controllable.
- Add multiple universes: New option to add multiple universes at once. Universe names are now numeric by default.
- Added group position & rotation: Can be included in scenes or assigned to a motion fixture and hidden, affecting all objects in that group. Note: that are not explicitly assigned to another motion fixture (Groups can not be assigned a layer.).
- Add, remove & group: Drag and drop objects and groups to already existing groups. Objects and groups inside a group can also be broken out of assigned group.
- Double click objects & groups: Drill down with each double click, It is still possible to directly select an object regardless of whether it’s in a group or not using Ctrl/Cmd.
Plots & Measurements
- Truss enhancements: Improved design of bracing patterns, support for specific brace counts and discernible rectangular truss endings. Improved measurements.
- Custom plot symbols: Import and scale your own SVG plot symbols, to be used in fixtures, or as objects by themselves. Symbols are centered by default, but a vertical offset can be added as well.
- Multi-point measurements: Measurements can now consist of multiple points. They can be cumulative or not.
- Measure mode: Ideal for quick positioning, one-off measurements, and also to create distance measurements.
- Units: Mixed SI units (ie. as ”1m 10cm”) have been removed. Offsets and distances below 1m are expressed in mm, others in m. A new Unit property has been added to measurements, truss trim heights and rigging point coordinates. It lets you choose a specific measurement unit.
Fixture Visualisation & Cameras
- New aperture rendering.
- Controlling and visualisation: Prism definitions. Arbitrary prism definitions in the library.
- Animation wheels: More precise definitions.
- CIE control: Support for fixtures with additive CIE colour mixing.
- Camera positions: Store camera positions for quick recall from within Capture.
- Camera DMX modes: New modes for recalling camera positions with any preferred time, dampening and curvature.
Rendering & Lasers
- EDR & HDR support: For extended and high dynamic range (HDR) monitors.
- Improved tone mapping: Integrated the latest from ACES 1.3. Saturated blues are less prone to shifting into magenta.
- Prevent sleep during render: Computer stays awake while rendering movie snapshots.
- Performance improvements: Faster frame rates.
- ILDA file playback: Video players have been renamed to Media players and now also accept ILDA files for laser projectors.
|Model file import formats||glTF
|Model file export formats||DWG/DXF
|Data file import formats||CSV
CSV, ETC EOS flavour
|Data file export formats||CSV
XML for Hog
XML for grandMA 2
|Video capture devices||Any with Windows (Media Foundation) drivers
Any with macOS drivers
|USB devices||3Dconnexion Space Mouse|
|Ethernet DMX protocols||Art-Net
High End Hog visualizer connectivity
ETC Net 2
MA-Net 2 (Windows only, MA software version 2.9+)
|USB DMX devices||EntTec DMX USB Pro
EntTec DMX USB Pro Mk2
|Streaming video media protocols||NewTek NDI
Green Hippo HMap 3
|Streaming laser media protocols||CITP/CAEX
|Motion tracking protocols||Blacktrax RTTrP
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.