Current Top Sellers
The Denon Professional DN-500BDMKII Blu-ray disc and media player is a compact, high performance unit that handles all popular optical video and audio CD playback formats for unrivaled capability from a single disc playback device. For even more versatility, front-loading SD and USB ports deliver access to video, audio and picture files such as AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, WAV, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and more.
The DN-500BDMKII offers a tremendous amount of performance and flexibility in a space-saving single rack unit (1RU) chassis. It provides the wide range of connection and control capabilities that are essential to the professional user, making it ideal for use in corporate A/V, education, theaters, house of worship, and more. These include RS-232C and IP controllability and XLR balanced audio outputs. The DN-500BD also has discrete 7.1 channel analog outputs for simple connection to powered speakers or signal management devices.
The Denon Professional DN-500BDMKII will play virtually every Blu-ray, DVD, and audio CD format, making it easy to utilize multiple disc formats within a system. Supported formats include BD25, BD50, BD-RE, DVD, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW and Audio CD (CD-R, CD-RW), DTS Music Disc, and HDCD. Using the built-in LAN port, users may optionally access additional content via BD Live.
In addition to its extremely high performance and wide range of format playback capabilities, the DN-500BDMKII anticipates your requirements and operational patterns by providing features that maximize the unit’s ease of use.
The Denon Professional DN-500BDMKII combines no-compromise performance, wide-ranging connection and control capability, and compatibility with virtually every disc and digital file format there is—all in a compact single rack space unit. Its unique combination of performance, versatility and compact size is ideally suited to the professional user.
- Plays Blu-Ray, DVD, CD and files from SD/USB media
- Supported Blu-Ray disc formats: BD25, BD50, BD-RE, BD-ROM and BD-R
- Supported DVD formats: DVD, DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD-RW
- Supported audio disc formats: CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DTS Music Disc (DTS Audio CD, 5.1 Music Disc), HDCD, Super Video CD (SVCD) and Video CD (VCD)
- SD/USB supported video, audio and picture file formats: .3gp, .asf, .avi, .dat, .divx, .mkv, .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .m2ts, .ogm, .rmvb, .tp, .ts, .wmv, .ass, .smi, .srt, .ssa, .sub, .ape, .flac, .m4a (AAC), .mp3, .wav, .gif, .jpg (or .jpeg) and .png
- USB/SD file systems: FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS
- Discrete 7.1ch analog audio output
- XLR balanced audio output
- RS-232C and IP control capability
- Power-on Play button eliminates extra steps, and provides simplified, ultra-fast startup
- Panel lock and IR remote lock functions prevent unwanted or accidental operation
- Improved, easy-to-read OLED display
- OSD (On Screen Display) hiding mode eliminates unwanted menu items and disc transport icons
- Transport controls located conveniently on the front panel
- Repeat mode offers an uninterrupted playback loop
- Occupies only a single rack space (1RU)
- Digital media player (Blu-ray Disc, DVD, CD, SD, USB device [mass storage class]) AVCHD playback format
Supported Disc Formats
- Blu-ray Disc: BD25, BD50, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE
- DVD: DVD, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW
- CD: CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DTS Music Disc (DTS Audio CD, 5.1 Music Disc), HDCD, Super Video CD (SVCD), Video CD (VCD)
Supported File Formats
- Video: .3gp, .asf, .avi, .dat, .divx, .mkv, .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .m2ts, .ogm, .rmvb, .tp, .ts, .wmv
- Subtitles: .ass, .smi, .srt, .ssa, .sub
- Audio: .ape, .flac, .m4a (AAC), .mp3, .wav, .wma
- Picture: .gif, .jpg (or .jpeg), .png
Supported File Systems
- FAT16, FAT32, NTFS
- SD card with 128GB total capacity
- USB drive (mass storage class) with 2 TB total capacity
- Resolutions Auto, 480i/576i, 480p/576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Aspect Ratios 16:9 Full, 16:9 Normal, 4:3 Pan & Scan, 4:3 Letterbox
- System NTSC, PAL, Multi (if supported by TV)
- HDMI Color Space: RGB PC Level, RGB Video Level, YCbCr (4:4:4), YCbCr 4:2:2
- Video: DivX 3, 4, 5, 6; DivX HD; MPEG-1; MPEG-2; MPEG-4; MPEG-4 AVC (H.264); VC-1 (Windows Media Video); Xvid
- Audio: AAC; Dolby Digital; Dolby Digital Plus; Dolby TrueHD; DTS Digital Surround; DTS-HD; WMA
- Output Level (balanced XLR): +4 dBu = +1.786 dBV
- Output Level (unbalanced RCA): +6 dBV
- Output Level (coaxial): 0.5V, 75â„¦
- Signal Format: AES/EBU
- DTS-Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS Digital Surround, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (7.1ch)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0.5 dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 100 dB (A-weighted)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.05%
- Dynamic Range: > 100 dB (A-weighted)
- Headroom: 6 dB
- Channel Separation: > 90 dB
- (2) XLR audio outputs (L/R, balanced)
- (2) RCA audio outputs (L/R, unbalanced)
- (8) RCA audio outputs (7.1 surround sound)
- (1) Coaxial digital audio/visual output
- (1) HDMI audio/visual output
- (1) RJ-45 LAN port
- (1) 9-pin D-Sub female RS-232C port
- (1) IEC power connection
- Infrared protocol, > 200 mV transmission output level
- Connector: 9-pin D-Sub female, RS-232C
- Mode: Full duplex
- Baud Rate: 9600 or 38400 bps (selectable)
- Connector: LAN port
- Standards: Ethernet (10 Mbps), Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps)
- Operating temperature: 41 – 95 °F (5 – 35 °C)
- Operating humidity: 25 – 85%, no condensation
- Connection: IEC
- Requirement: 100–240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 15 W typical, < 0.5 W standby
Dimensions (width x depth x height, with rack ears)
- 19.00” x 10.75” x 1.73” (483 mm x 273 mm x 44 mm)
Weight (with rack ears)
- 5.9 lbs. (2.7 kg)
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.